Terry, can you help me

Users who are viewing this thread

lyban

Reaction score
I am sure I will not know the right names of these pieces.
My husband is in the midst of installing the Toto carrillton toilet. He says he put a piece of bread into the valve or somewhere because that is what is norm for whatever he was trying to do. But it was not white bread and had all these poppy seeds that he thinks clogged the valve.
Now he is tryting to get the water to fill up the tank and it is taking forever.
He wants to know is there a way for him to remove that whatever is clogged and clean it out.
Now maybe you understand what I am talking about but I sure don't. So if you don't understand just let me know.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anytime you have been soldering, it's a good idea to flush the line before making the final connection.
If it's the type of valve that will disassemble, you may be able to clean it.
It not, you might call Toto and ask for a new fill valve.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are very few of those valves which cannot be disassembled and cleaned out. But it is possible that the toilet tank fill valve is NOT where the stoppage is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks