plumbing 2 showers

Users who are viewing this thread

lakeport

Reaction score
Im remodeling and have 1 bathrrom above the other, Im going to use 3/4 copper and was wondering whats the best way to go about it so 2 people camn shower at the same time (In different showers) with out a huge drop in pressure...thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless you are using multiple heads in the shower, 3/4" lines up to the valve (you can reduce then to 1/2" to save some money) should be fine.

lakeport

Reaction score
thanks for the reply....so I should run 3/4 to the 1st shower then continue to the 2nd(branch off) or run 2 different 3/4 lines and t off ..thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd run a 3/4" line and convert to 1/2" at each valve individually. A 3/4" line should be able to safely handle nearly 15gpm. A single shower head is maxed out at 2.5gpm per code (but allows multiple heads). A 1/2" valve should be able to handle in the range of 5gpm, so won't starve a single showerhead. As long as you T off the 3/4" line with individual 1/2" feeds to your valves, it should be fine unless you pressure is really subpar to begin with.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
3/4 to the first and continue with 1/2" to the second will be more than adequate. Any HUGE drop in pressure will be because of inadequate piping TO that point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks