(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: plumbing 2 showers

Default plumbing 2 showers

Im remodeling and have 1 bathrrom above the other, Im going to use 3/4 copper and was wondering whats the best way to go about it so 2 people camn shower at the same time (In different showers) with out a huge drop in pressure...thanks

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Unless you are using multiple heads in the shower, 3/4" lines up to the valve (you can reduce then to 1/2" to save some money) should be fine.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

thanks for the reply....so I should run 3/4 to the 1st shower then continue to the 2nd(branch off) or run 2 different 3/4 lines and t off ..thanks

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

I'd run a 3/4" line and convert to 1/2" at each valve individually. A 3/4" line should be able to safely handle nearly 15gpm. A single shower head is maxed out at 2.5gpm per code (but allows multiple heads). A 1/2" valve should be able to handle in the range of 5gpm, so won't starve a single showerhead. As long as you T off the 3/4" line with individual 1/2" feeds to your valves, it should be fine unless you pressure is really subpar to begin with.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

3/4 to the first and continue with 1/2" to the second will be more than adequate. Any HUGE drop in pressure will be because of inadequate piping TO that point.