(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: pressure switch

Post pressure switch

I have installed 40/60 pressure switch. switch will kick on when pressure drops to 40 but will not cut off even when pressure rises above 70. Switch will release when I turn breaker off. Switch is on 20 amp braker and is wired for 115 volt. what could be the problem?

Previous member

I don't know what turning the breaker off could have to do with the switch points opening up.

What brand switch is this and have you turned the adjustment screws or is it still factory adjusted?

bob...

Is the pump 115 or 230 vac? It sounds as if the points are burning shut and if the voltage isn't right, that might cause it. Otherwise, see if the points are cleaned and not pitted etc. And possibly the switch is lagging due to the nipple it is on, or the tubing and its fittings to it if the pump is a jet pump, are blocked with rust.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells neili's Avatar

what is the horsepower that you are starting? does it exceed the rated capacity of the switch. i have seen contacts weld together when the starting load exceed the rating of the switch.

neili
    www.agriindustries.com