Used Kinetico

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike3951

Reaction score
Hello,
We live in Albany, Oregon, we have had our water tested and it is very high in sulfer and iron in our well. We were given a Kinetico water filter package(salt container and 2 presure tanks)

My question is could you tell us if it is worth setting this system up (cost) or should we look into buying a new one.

Thanks,

Mike

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Well, I would never BUY a Kinetico system, but since you have it, once you install it, replacing it with something else at a later date would normally be fairly simple.

BevinsWater

Reaction score
advice for you.

Yes it would be worth getting the Kinetico installed. Kinetico is a great brand. This is a fact. Of course people have different types of water issues and a Kinetico might not be ideal. However...Kinetico systems work much better than your standard water softener. They use a great media filter to help filter bad water. iron ect. Macrolite. its very good. The us military invented the technology. non electric and unlike most filter systems it always has water on hand where most do not because they must flush out and cannot give you filtered water 24 hrs a day. you may already know this. and i havent really expressed all the benifits of a kinetico. There are other options that work well too. The guy who said Kinetico is any good...(I wouldnt base any opinion from that).

usually people who do not like this brand(not that many)... should have issue with the salesman who sold them the wrong equipment..which wasnt ideal for there water needs.

Kinetico will remove some of the odor but is not made for that. If you have a bad odor problem along with the iron...I would recommend a couple add ons to the system. A good inline filter would help out alot.

Sounds like to me you should try the kinetico out. there are plenty of families out there that wish they would have went with kinetico. There are other systems that work well. water usage is important to consider when shopping for the right system. properly sized filter that will keep up with your usage.

Kinetico is good for sulfur & iron removal.

have you got your filter system all hooked up yet?

Hello,
We live in Albany, Oregon, we have had our water tested and it is very high in sulfer and iron in our well. We were given a Kinetico water filter package(salt container and 2 presure tanks)

My question is could you tell us if it is worth setting this system up (cost) or should we look into buying a new one.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks