Pressure Dropped in shower head, not tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

sfwill68

Reaction score
Some facts behind the story:

1. I turned off the toilet and sink valves to remove these fixtures for tiling the floor. During the 10 days of the project the tub faucet was used a few times, but not the shower head.

2. Thinking the problem was lime build up in the head due to letting it dry out for several days, I did two CLR treatments - no improvement.

3. Toilet, sink and tub all still have full pressure, but the shower has pitiful pressure.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is it possible that there's some sort of build up in the pipe above the tub faucet?

2. If yes, is there any way to flush a cleaning solution backward through the pipes to clean it out?

3. What else should I look at?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Remove the shower head and flush the riser, then check for any visible debris in the sower head.

Install and check pressure again.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
did you just unscrew the head, or did you also remove its attachment to the shower arm. I had one a week ago, that cost the customer a high service charge for me to remove that piece and scrape the debris out of its screen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks