11" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

joelprice

Reaction score
I have a 11" rough-in and want to know if the 12" Toto Aquia III I ordered will work? I know, I should have measured first before ordering.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:

joelprice

Reaction score
Thanks... Terry. If I was able to get a 10" Aquia would that work? Do you know of anyone in the San Diego area who has the 10" Aquia in stock?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The CST412MF.10 would work.
I don't know about San Diego, I work with an outfit in Claremont, they go down to SD once a week, but they charge $50 for that.

Sdradius

Reaction score
11 3/8" Rough-In?

The Aquia III needs 11.5"
The Drake needs 10-7/8"

I have a 11 3/8" rough-in. I would go with the CST744SF.10 but it only comes in universal height and I prefer it lower.

So the Drake will work with a 11 3/8" rough-in? My remodeler is concerned about the fit. Do the CST743S and the CST744S both require the same amount of space?

Thanks!!

Sdradius

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! Do you know if I can find a PDF somewhere that says that? It would help me to prove that it will fit.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We install them. Hundreds of them. I'm not going to bother making a pdf for you saying that.

If you don't believe someone that has installed hundreds, then you might as well pick up the 10" rough and have it set out 2" from the wall.

Free advice is given freely, but I'm pretty busy to be making diagrams of things I've been doing for years.
I know what works from experience, if your handyman needs documentation for something as simple as the installation of a toilet, perhaps he's in the wrong field.

Last edited:

Sdradius

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I'm also considering the UltraMax. You had said elsewhere the UltraMax requires a 11 1/4" rough-in. Does that mean with a 11/4" rough-in, the tank would actually be touching the wall?

Thanks again!

Sdradius

Reaction score
They work at 10-7/8"
If you see an old pdf, it's just that, old.

The CST744EF.10 would stick out from the wall 2"

And Terry is correct. Thank you very much!! The Drake fit just fine with the 11 3/8" rough-in. The installer said it was tight, but worked, and there's plenty of space to the wall. There's actually more space to the wall than with the previous toilet.

So if anyone has a 11 3/8" rough-in and is concerned, here's a testimonial that it worked. Thanks again to Terry. Saved me from having a Wellworth installed. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks