where to start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
No way we could even guestimate the costs, because we don't know the existing set up. As far as the plumbing goes, the costs could vary widely depending on relative access to sewer main and water supplies.

When you mention jacuzzi, you should consider a installing a much larger water heater, or perhaps even better, install a second, dedicated WH for this room.

Speaking of heat, a good HVAC contractor will need to determine if your existing system and ductwork or whatever will support the expansion. SO, choosing a good general contractor who will know who to call in for all these things is important. Normally, you should have an architect. Around here , there are some very good "design-build" contractors , who basically provide in-house architecture service. I believe this is fine when you are not building the Taj Majal.

Sulconst2

Reaction score
matters what part of jersey you are in. $125 sq/ft, plus min 10g for bath, plus heat, would be a fare start

mrdasu

Reaction score
Where is the best place to go to so I can get to contact multiple contractors?

thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
contacts

BBB? Nope, they would not get my name.
Angie's List? Not there either.
Yellow pages? I am there.

The first two do not give you access to all of the contractors who might be qualified to do the work, so use the phone book and do it critically.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks