Kitchen Sink Drainage Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

matthew704

Reaction score
I live in a second floor apartment above my landlord in Brooklyn NY. When we wash our dishes and drain the water it seems to flow down and then backs up in his sink.before draining. He insists that i drain my water to quickly from my sink and is getting upset about it. I just need some advice on what to tell the guy what the problem is. I have never heard that you can drain your water to quick from a upstairs sink! I told him it sounds like his pipes are in bad shape. Please help its causing a major riff between us. We are both hard headed and want a soloution.

Thanks,
Matt

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Sounds like a partial clog in the line downstream of his sink. Your water flows until it hits the clog and starts to back up until it hits his sink. The water collects in his sink for a bit while the water slowly passes the partial clog.

Sounds like the line needs to be snaked.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Agree with nukeman-- thats bogus that the water is draining too fast, there's a clog in the drain.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Give him the phone number of a local plumber. He has a drain problem, and eventually it is going to fill his sink EVERY TIME you drain water. Anyone who does not realize that should NOT be a landlord.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks