What do these Product features" mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

shadysprings

Reaction score
34122.jpg

Product Features
# Paraffin cartridge Is this something good?
# 1/2" NPT female connections do I use teflon tape or some special putty on threads?
# Built-in check valves What's a check valve for?
# Service stops What are service stops for?
# Temperature control only
# GROHE TurboStat Technology
# Separate volume control required
# Requires Twin Ell for shower/tub combinations with diverter tub spout Huh?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Product Features
# Paraffin cartridge Is this something good?

It's how many of those are made

# 1/2" NPT female connections do I use Teflon tape or some special putty on threads?

Teflon Tape or thread sealant, I like the Teflon paste pipe dope. (plumbers putty? no way!)

# Built-in check valves What's a check valve for?

Prevent crossover

# Service stops What are service stops for?

Allows replacement of cartridge without shutting off other fixtures.

# Temperature control only
# GROHE TurboStat Technology
# Separate volume control required
# Requires Twin Ell for shower/tub combinations with diverter tub spout Huh?

Does not have a pass through built into the body of the valve, which means you add the shower riser change of direction with a special fitting, or you make it from fittings.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Paraffin operates the thermostat motor because it will respond to temperature changes quickly. Any thread sealant can be used on the connections. Check valves are are not usually necessary, unless this valve is strictly for temperature control and you use "volume controls" to turn the water flow on and off. Service stops are to shut off the water to the valve while working on it. A twin ell is ALWAYS necessary when the valve body does not have "restrictor" device in it. In other words you CANNOT install a pipe from the bottom down to the tub, and another one up out of the top opening to the shower.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks