Toto toilet decision dilemma -- for basement bathroom w/ pump up

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I need a little help deciding which Toto toilet I should buy for my new basement bathroom.
The basement bathroom is hooked up to a Liberty pump up unit (Pro 380 series).

My choices are:

1. Toto Dalton (CST734F)
2. Toto Drake (CST744SL)
Is there anything I should consider when buying a toilet for a pump up bathroom?
Is the Drake better for this situation than the Dalton? Or does it matter?
Finally, is the Drake worth the extra?

thanks.
mm

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Dalton works fine.
I'm surprised I don't sell more.
It works better then the Kohler Cimarron, but for less money.

Most of the time, because of a previous bad experience with something else, my customers buy the Drakes.
I have a few that always get the Dalton.
The Drake does have a better trapway, and the 3" flush valve. So yes, that is the top banana.
But not everybody needs that.

If cost is a factor, you may want to go with the Dalton.

Reaction score
So, no special considerations given that the toilet (and the rest of the bathroom) is on a pump up unit?

The Dalton works fine.
I'm surprised I don't sell more.
It works better then the Kohler Cimarron, but for less money.

Most of the time, because of a previous bad experience with something else, my customers buy the Drakes.
I have a few that always get the Dalton.
The Drake does have a better trapway, and the 3" flush valve. So yes, that is the top banana.
But not everybody needs that.

If cost is a factor, you may want to go with the Dalton.

Reaction score
There is a shorter distance to the pump, so even less reason for the Drake.

Sounds good......well, I guess I'll go with the Dalton and save a few bucks (unless the wife really prefers the look of the Drake, or maybe the Promenade).....

thanks.
mm

Reaction score
Website
www.stayhotbathtubs.com
Sounds good......well, I guess I'll go with the Dalton and save a few bucks (unless the wife really prefers the look of the Drake, or maybe the Promenade).....

thanks.
mm
If the funky look of the Dalton tank is scaring her off, you may want to look at a Caruso tank. (part # ST706) It fits the Dalton ADA bowl just fine, however I cannot comment on whether or not it affects performance. The Caruso tank is also cheaper than the Dalton tank and keeps the overall toilet height shorter in case of a banjo top vanity over the toilet. (All fun learning experiences from selling toilets.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks