Isolating water pump noise/vibration

Users who are viewing this thread

csstechguy

Reaction score
I am re-designing the water supply system at our cottage. Currently we have a jet pump set-up in a deep well configuration drawing water from the lake to a pressure tank and then distrubuted throughout the cottage through both hot and cold water copper piping.

The pressure tank took a turn for the worse last fall and I will be replacing it this spring. I would like to minimise/reduce/elimanate the pump vibration noise. The existing set-up is the pump mounted on top of the pressure tank. I will be removing the pump and discarding the tank and remounting the pump to the floor possibly using springs or some type of noise damping material. I would like to know if there would be any issues associated with connecting the pump to the pressure tank and the pressure tank to the main supply line with braided stainless steel flexible washing machine hoses to isolate the pump vibrations from the rest of the system.

I realise this will require some extensive re-plumbing and fitting of spigot type adapters on the pump, pressure tank "T" and the main supply line. Do you forsee any other issues apart from introducing four(4) new potential leak points?

Regards,
csstechguy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks