Tub Deck Valve Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

newmex999

Reaction score
I am trying to install a Danze tub deck faucet that has 1/2" copper sweat and 1/2" NPT.

There are tags all over the place that say to remove the cartridge and inner valve components before soldering.

However I have been trying to do this for the past hour with no luck on either valve!

There is nothing on the valve body to be able to grab onto with pliers/wrench without doing some damage and so I am unable to get enough leverage to be able to use a wrench to remove the inner valve/cartridge.

Here is a picture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49822825@N02/4570613831/

I would just like to use stainless flexible tubing to connect from the valves to the spout.

Is this acceptable?

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm not a big fan of the braided flex for the tub spout.
The inner dimension on them is less then 3/8"
You will lose volume if you use them.

They are meant for lav faucets with flow restrictors.
I'm sure you want more then a few gallons a minute out of your tub spout.

newmex999

Reaction score
The flexible lines are special "high flow" and give 100% more flow then the "braided" type.

Can these be used without an access panel?

Only time there will be water flowing through is when faucet is actually turned on.

Last edited:

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The flexible lines are special "high flow" and give 100% more flow then the "braided" type.

Can these be used without an access panel?

Only time there will be water flowing through is when faucet is actually turned on.

I generally like to have an access panel any time I install a deck faucet for a tub. But sometimes the contractor just simply won't put one in because they think they look ugly. If you're gonna have threaded connections that rely on rubber gaskets to seal I'd recommend you put in an access panel.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks