(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: several foot valves stuck in well casing!

DIY Junior Member debrakgill2007's Avatar

Default several foot valves stuck in well casing!

I need to know what breaks down the leather seals on the foot valves and how to remove them myself. Can you push them through to the screen? How big is a screen? Do i even have a screen? Darn foot valves are keeping me from my water.....HELP!!!

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter shacko's Avatar

I don't seem to be getting what your problem is >>> several foot valves stuck in well casing!<<<, I don't know how you have several foot valve stuck in the well casing, dosen't make any sense.

With a foot valve that goes bad you just replace it, you would have it in your hand and know it has a screen.

You do know that the foot valve is at the bottom of the well, don't you? You have to pull your well line.

Your question is a little vague. Leather usually lasts for years however any sulphur in the water will cause the leather to harden in a short time. Most chek valves and foot valves today don't have leather flappers. Please explain your situation a little more in detail.
    Porky Cutter, MGWC
    (Master Ground Water Consultant)

Well Drilling/Service justwater's Avatar

sounds like maybe he is talking about a deepwell jet assembly with foot valve on bottom??