Landscape Fabric Under Tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
On the verge of installing a Swanstone Veritek tub (yes, I know it's not cast iron, but it's the only one that fits my alcove). I installed a similar Sterling Vikrell shower base several months ago and it came with a sheet of spun landscape fabric as insurance against squeaking, which I put on-top of a sheet of thin plastic which was on-top of the mortar base.

The Swanstone unit didn't come with any landscape fabric, nor is there any mention as far as I could see in any discussions of installing tubs on this forum -- only the importance of installing in a mortar base. Should I bother putting the fabric in? Seems like the mortar would conform better without it.

JOHN_P

Reaction score
I just put in a Sterling Vikrell tub, tossed the fabric and did the mortar base with thin plastic over it.

All seems pretty good to me, and yes, I think all of the ridges might conform a little better to the mortar without the fabric.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks