American Plumber

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Just saw for the first time a new? show on Discovery Channel called "American Plumber". It is a reality show filmed by following this plumber in Medford, MA named Eddie Cirigliano. I guess it is supposed to be a comedy show, and I'm sure the public gets a kick out of it. I need to watch a few more episodes. Mainly, it seems he shows up early, makes a mess, and leaves a bill. He has two clowns he subs in; they show up promptly at the "crack of 2:00" , bitch a little, and leave to go get coffee and donuts!

DSC :: Episode :: American Plumber
SEP 17 2005 @ 06:00 PM. American Plumber. American Plumber. Plumbers see life from a unique perspective - from under your sink or with their heads in your toilet ...

eddie-cirigliano-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Hay Jimbo

my wife and i watched it also. can you imagine treating customers like that?
it was more like the 3 stogges with tools! how long do you think this will last? VERY SICK

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
three stooges

now days its like the three stooges on drugs.

you almost cant find anyone wanting to work

and you cant leave them usupervised or they

pull out a joint to smoke.... in your truck
-------------------------------------------------

I will watch the show , but I can almost guess

its probably depicts everything pretty close to

accurate, at least for the east coast anyway.

I have known few that moved down here from chicago,
and they could not show the politeness or
courtesy whatsoever..to anybody.

They talk to the customers like they were a bouncer in a
bar .

just big , drunk, stupid losers moving from job to job,
totally clueless about what the real problem is.
Its always the boss who is the bad guy
and its not their fault they usually get
fired after few weeks.

but it might be a good idea to e-mail the discovery channel
and protest the show anyway,,,, it sounds like it only
shows the lowest worst plumbers that they could find.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
My industry has had a number of hidden camera type investigative TV shows done about it over the last 20+ years and I'm all for them. The lying crooks that are exposed deserve everything the shows bring down on them. That helps to put some of them out of business and sends a message to others to do better or suffer the consequences, and I'm all for it because those types give the whole industry a bad rep and make the 'job' harder.

So I'd think that protesting the show might not be a good idea since many good plumbers don't do the things the show goes on about. I'd think sending the producers more ideas for the show would be a better idea; help them root out those that cause the trade bad PR.

Bad softener salesmen and bad plumbers drive many people to put off bying a softener or having plumbing fixed etc. and millions of others become DIYers. Then many water treatment guys and plumbers complain about DIYers... I sell softeners etc. exclusively to DIYers but I don't know how an honest plumber could cater to that market except to sell their services and themselves to be visiblyabove the bad guys. I am also very passionate about exposing the bad guys in my industry.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Eddie Cirigliano is a hot-blooded Italian-American plumber with a short fuse, a huge smile, and a heart of gold. As a plumber-he's old school. He actually comes when you call, and he knows what he's doing- he's been at it since he was 14. His customers love him- usually.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks