Kitchen-washer cast iron drain is corroded

Users who are viewing this thread

pachi

Reporter
Reaction score
The 2" inch cast iron drain is corroded. It runs almost on 1/3 of the inside of the kitchen. The floor is slab. To re-install the drain in the same location would required to brake the kitchen floor brake the counter top, etc. I am considering re-routing it through the garage along the base of the walls. But the garage is not slope it is flat, would it be OK, and then be slopped the portion going outside the garage into the main sewer line? I am thinking of using ABS pipe to rebuild the drain path for the kitchen and the laundry in the garage. I would need to make three 90 degree turns on the entire path. I am in North California.
Thank you in advance.

Fabian

Asktom

Reaction score
You need a minimum of 1/4" drop throughout the entire run. ABS exposed in the garage would not meet plumbing/fire code in CA. Three 90s is too many without clean-outs, meeting code would depend on exactly how it was done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks