Cost to install Toto Guinevere unifit toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

k9

Reaction score
We live in Phoenix and was wondering whats a fair price to pay a plumber to install a new flange and set a new Toto unifit toilet?

We have new tile being installed so the flange needs to be at a different height. Old flang is already out. (ABS pipe)

I could do it myself but when we picked it up yesterday I realized how heavy the new toilet is.

Thanks
Mark

guinevere_showroom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can check my shopping cart and see what we charge.
It can vary depending on the City and State and local economy.
Also, not every business is the same.
When I was building homes, I wouldn't let the cheap guys touch my house.
There was too much at stake. I had one painting bid that was so low, that there was no way he was going to be allowed to touch all the raw woodwork and cabinets.
I would guess something like what I charge plus $50 on the flange, but then I'm not there.
The Guinevere is pretty heavy. About 110 pounds. For many, it's a two man job. My son and I were over 200.
Now I'm 176.5, so it will be interesting how much I will be able to lift when they let me.
I was told to not lift over 15 pounds for the first month or so.
I used to fling around 100 pounds.

Here are some pictures of a Guinevere installation. They are one of my favorite toilets. I like the Unifit adapter. If you ever need to pull the bowl and paint behind, you can lift up the bowl without disturbing the wax seal, paint, and then drop the bowl down again.

ms974_02.jpg

Make sure the contractor has 1/4" drill bits for masonry. We carry a small roto hammer with us.

flange_03.jpg

Ready to drill the floor and set the Unifit with a wax seal.

hj lives in the Phoenix area, maybe you can give him a call. hj's page

Last edited:

uclalumni00

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

We're looking at getting the guinevere. A flooring installer (tile) says he knows how to install toilets as part of the job and that while they're in there, they'd just do it for us without any additional charges.. Do we need to consider getting an actual plumber instead? If so, do you know anyone in the L.A. area?

Also, I've been trying to figure out but haven't found a definite answer, as to what would be the minimum distance between the center of the bottom of the Guinevere toilet, and the most right part of the water supply inlet?

Liz

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A good tile guy should be able to install the toilet. Not everyone is good. Toto toilets with the Unifit adapters require holes to be drilled in the floor. The instructions are pretty straightforward.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
No offense to your flooring installer, but the Guinevere is not installed the same as most other toilets. It uses the Unifit Adapter and requires some additional work. You can look on the spec sheets found elsewhere in this site for the details on the minimum distance and water supply questions. You should make sure the flooring installer has the flange on top of the finished floor and not recessed below it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The base at the floor looks to be 12", so if you have the supply at the floor, it may need to be about 8" to the left of center.
Higher up, the bowl narrows to 9.25", which means 5.5" to the left of center works if its coming from the wall at a normal height.
I just went and measured the Guinevere that I have.

Plenty of homeowners are installing the toilets with the Unifit.
It just takes a good 1/4" tile bit.

If the tile floor requires that the bowl needs shimming, then shim at the back before you tighten down the securing nuts.
That's always the method, shim first, so that the bowl is stable and without any rocking, then snug down the nuts.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I believe he did call, and I did give him a "sight unseen" estimate. It think he then decided to try to do it himself. Maybe like the guy who called last night. He must have been working on his broken main valve all day, because I doubt that he started a 8:00 p.m. I suppose he figured that since it was Sunday night on the Memorial Day weekend, a plumber was going to charge him at least $50.00, because he did not call back either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks