toilet with exhaust built-in

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It would not be the easiest thing to retrofit into a room unless you were doing an extensive remodel. From its looks, you would have to know the finished floor elevation almost exactly in order to get the wall opening in the correct location. IF the toilet is NOT a good flushing one, you do not have any other option other than to install a conventional one and abandon the vacuum system. IF any thing ever happens to the bowl, after about the first two years when the company goes out of business for lack of sales, you will have an expensive lawn ornament. Over the years many companies, i.e., American Standard, have produced "venting" toilets and NONE have ever lasted more than few years.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of the Toto Neorest (sp?) have an activated charcoal filter to help remove odors. Not inexpensive, but probably supportable in the long term. Personally, a good exhaust fan generally works. Get an occupancy sensor that runs the thing when it detects someone in the room, and then runs for a (often settable) time after they leave.

mtom01

Reaction score
Currently I have a Elger & americam standard; the Elger was a recommended model (consumer reports) when I changed it. Now iam planing to remodell both bathroom one at a time.

HJ u r right, if the company goes belly up i be in square one again; I was impressed with the exhaust suction deal for the stinkiness without it spreading all over the bathroom.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
A Splitter (Wye) installed in your bathroom vent can allow you to have one vent opening in the ceiling, and one more vent opening down low in a wall, next to the toilet seat. This will pull air away from the toilet seat instead of forcing it to rise up to the ceiling vent, where it wafts past your face and nostrils on its way up.

NuTone - Broan has such splitters on their web site. I think the product is part of the ILFK series. Go search and let us know what you find.

Obviously you do need to make room in the wall for the vent, so it is good when you are remodeling.

hope this helps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks