Plumbing Diagram Help

Users who are viewing this thread

bdaub

Reaction score
I am a handy DIY and new to this forum. I am building a cottage this summer and will do the plumbing myself. It has a basement, mainfloor and a loft - the diagram is laid out as such. I have prepared my first rough draft of an isometric plumbing diagram. I have 2 soil stacks as I want to keep the greywater and blackwater seperate so that when legislation is passed in Alberta, Canada, I will have options. I am going to initially have both stacks empty into a holding tank(s). Would appreciate some advise on what is missing (cleanouts for example) and what is wrong on this diagram.

Thanks

Attachments

• PlumbingDiagram..pdf
    12.6 KB · Views: 522

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Your lay-out looks fine, clean-outs are needed at the base of stacks, anything else has to pertain to your local code.

bdaub

Reaction score
Thanks shacko and hj. kitchen sink is indicated on middle floor with indicated next to DW (dishwasher) I am going to have 1/2 of the sink drain with the blackwater and the other half drain with the grey water. I will be combining grey and black for now draining both to a holding tank but once legislation changes, hope to take advantages of grey water opportunities

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I doubt that splitting the sinks will pass the requirements for a gray water system, since you could not 'guarantee" that food products would be kept out of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks