(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Plumbing Diagram Help

Hybrid View

Default Plumbing Diagram Help

I am a handy DIY and new to this forum. I am building a cottage this summer and will do the plumbing myself. It has a basement, mainfloor and a loft - the diagram is laid out as such. I have prepared my first rough draft of an isometric plumbing diagram. I have 2 soil stacks as I want to keep the greywater and blackwater seperate so that when legislation is passed in Alberta, Canada, I will have options. I am going to initially have both stacks empty into a holding tank(s). Would appreciate some advise on what is missing (cleanouts for example) and what is wrong on this diagram.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter shacko's Avatar

Your lay-out looks fine, clean-outs are needed at the base of stacks, anything else has to pertain to your local code.

Topmost toilet and sink may NOT need individual vents depending on how you install the piping. Where is the kitchen sink?

Thanks shacko and hj. kitchen sink is indicated on middle floor with indicated next to DW (dishwasher) I am going to have 1/2 of the sink drain with the blackwater and the other half drain with the grey water. I will be combining grey and black for now draining both to a holding tank but once legislation changes, hope to take advantages of grey water opportunities

I doubt that splitting the sinks will pass the requirements for a gray water system, since you could not 'guarantee" that food products would be kept out of it.