Franklin Box Parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Rutherfordman

DIY Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Relay Coil/Contact (part#155031110) for a 3 HP Franklin Deluxe Box (model 2823028310, 230V, 60Hz, 1 PH). Hopefully one made by GE or the like, not by China! Lightning loves these guys even when you have the breaker shutoff.

Rutherfordman

DIY Member
Reaction score
I hooked up with someone here on the board for the part. My box has always been suspceptible to lightning and we had a big bolt hit within 1/4mile of the pump box Saturday night taking the power out. The box's breaker was off but it was plain to see the lightning came in from the ground wire (tad bit of black on the box connection) and toasted the relay. This and sometimes an overload are the typical items I see damaged by lightning. I have used 30amp plugs on the box with success and just disconnect ground and power during storms but I have been concerned I may create too much resistance on the power and hurt the pump motor. I keep a spare rebulit box handy to get me by until I rebuild the other. Lightning is why I do not have a cycle stop valve or the like. There is no way I know of to protect electrical items from lightning unless you totally disconnect the power and ground from the item. Surge protectors may work but they are pricer and get cooked too. I doubt anyone will give me a guarantee on lightning damage. The well and pump are basically on a mountain top and thankfully it being 775 feet down lightning has never toasted the motor.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Go with the dryer plug or welder plug - no resistance to speak of. The CSV is non electric but probably wouldnt work with your well depth.

jfork

Reaction score
Looking for a Relay Coil/Contact (part#155031110) for a 3 HP Franklin Deluxe Box (model 2823028310, 230V, 60Hz, 1 PH). Hopefully one made by GE or the like, not by China! Lightning loves these guys even when you have the breaker shutoff.
I sell these on ebay under well pump control box relay

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks