Door measurement question

Users who are viewing this thread

Richrc1131

Reaction score
I realize this may be a very basic question, but I'm new to all of this.

I finally fixed an exterior doorway that had a screen door in it at some point ( there were marks where door hinges must have gone).

I now need to install a screen door. I looked at stock at Lowes and Home Depot and found that they had 30" doors. I measured the doorway I'm trying to complete and it is 29.5"

Are those measurements rounded off like the way a 2"x4" is?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The thing to look at is the rough opening the thing is designed to fit in.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Screen doors come in standard sizes....30, 36, with 32 and 34 less common. Virtually all screen doors you will find in a home store have and adjustable width, within a range, so they can be installed to fit your particular trim. A 30" door should work for you.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If there are hinge marks on the existing frame, the old door was a wood screen door. Aluminum/vinyl screen doors are pre-hung.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks