Soap suds coming out from drain pipe for my washing machine no problem with water

Users who are viewing this thread

krish

Reaction score
Please help !!!!

We recently installed tiles in Laundry room. For that we moved washer and dryer and connected back. The problem started after we put it back, is water is draining well without any issue, when spin cycle starts the soap is coming out from the drain pipe. We called Maytaq service, they said run the washer with water, the soap in the pipes will go away, nothing worked.

The local home depot guy said there must be air lock in the vent pipe. I don't understand where is the vent pipe.
By the way we blown out the insulation in our attic, the guys put the machine out side and did the blown out the insulation. Is this caused the vent pipe closed ?

I am eagerly looking how to resolve the problem
thanks in advance
Krish

RustyPipes

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is important that you have a Professional Plumber look at your piping. If the vent is blocked, or the drain is installed incorrectly, sewer gas can enter your living space. Besides being a bad smell, sewer gas can be explosive and/or toxic.

The end of the vent pipe must be out of doors, not in the attic. It should be visible unless your house has a flat roof. When your neighborhood is really quiet outside, run a empty load through the washer with the highest amount of water possible (large load). When the washer is about to start draining, go outside your house and listen for the sound of the water draining. The sound should be coming from the vent. If you don't hear anything, you may have a serious problem.

Too bad i'm so far away, I wish I could be there to help you.
Here is a good resource for information about sewer gas: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/hac/pha/pha.asp?docid=914&pg=1

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I agree that you need to investigate the drain and vent. But these days, you should be using a very low suds detergent, which would also minimize your problems.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
We would need to see the entire drainage system for the washer before it could be positively diagnosed. If the plumbing is not positioned inside the wall, you could post a picture of it, which might be helpful.

krish

Reaction score
Plumber snaked entire drain - everything is clear

He said there may be problem with washing machine, when the machine reaches the spin, he saw what is coming from the drain pipe, only soap suds coming already water drained out. He said I have never seen washing pushes water first and then soap suds. Since soap is lighter that is the reason it is coming out from the drain pipe.

Is it true ?

Any one think about problem with vent

regards
Krish

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds like you are using too much detergent. Lately, many of the formulations have become more concentrated, so using what you used to is now way too much. You need to read the bottle. What size is the line? Is this a new washing machine? Newer ones tend to pump faster, which can generate more suds. Also, current code requires a 2" line (to accommodate those faster pumping washers), and if you have an older house with a 1.5" line, you may have problems. What is the height of the riser? If it is short, that can create problems as well. The line would drain without a vent, but it might cause other traps to be sucked dry. Most people (probably myself included) don't understand all of the reasons for the vents and how to implement them to best effect. The suds, since they are bubbles, will rise, and if there is too much agitation or turbulance in the line or it doesn't drain fast enough, the bubbles will overflow the standpipe riser.

krish

Reaction score
no solution yet

My house is 6 years old and everything is fine until one month ago. When we replaced flooring in the laundry room and insulation between the floors. This problem started. We are using very less soap just 1/5th of what we were using. Mine is two floor house. How do I check the vent pipe is clogg free and whom should I call.

regards
Krishna

I am so much frustrated and don't know what to do.

Pammie

Reaction score
Please tell me you don't have an Amanda washing machine with a stainless steel tub. I have read that several other people with that model are having that problem...and so am I! If you, indeed, have this machine, it's GOT to be the washer...too many coincidences...and it's not a coincidence.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks