changed pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Sopal

Reaction score
2 weeks ago,, I changed my pump,, worked great till recently ,, now after 3 -5 mins of useage,, I loose pressure ,, have to bleed air out of the pump ,, then things are fine till it happens again. which doesnt take long. Im thinking my bladder tank got damaged during or after the installation? I cant think how air would be getting in anyother way,,, any ideas?

Sopal

Reaction score
yea.. a shallow well jet pump ,,, was told today,, that it must be sucking air from the well side ,, Ive tighented all the connections I can get to ,, without digging up the well,, will HATE to have to get a new well dug

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you are sure no air leaks exist in the area of the pump, I would think the next step would be replacing the suction line, or pulling the droppipe and inspecting/replacing. Which ever one is easier to do would be my first choice.bob...

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
Attempt to measure the water level in the well. Your local pump man should have a sounding meter to determine the level. If he does not, you could attempt to make your own. I have had customers that use an extension cord and an ohm meter. If you lower an extension cord into the water and have an ohm meter hooked to the other end, the ohm meter will show continuity when the water shorts out the end of the extension cord. Measure the water level when the pump is off and measure it well the pump is running. If the level drops below your suction line that would explain your problem. If the water level is dropping that low it might not be the end. You may be able to redevelop the well with air, surging, pumping, chemicals, or other methods.

Also, remember that any time you put anything down a well you should disinfect the well with chlorine. The best thing to do is use a high concentrate chlorine tablet, but good old bleach works as well. Place a gallon or two down the well after you have done anything down hole.
ding meter to determing the level. if he does not, you could attempt to make your own. i have

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks