Pressure Switch Problem ( I think )

Users who are viewing this thread

frankap

Reaction score
I have a 3/4 hp jetpump on an outdoor well used for the lawn ( 3 years old ). Last week I had a sprinkler system installed. After running thru 6 zones, the pump is refusing to shut off on 3 of 7 days so far. On those days it sounds as if the bladder tank is not filling. After opening up a spicket on top of the pump and closing it several times, the tank will fill and the pressure switch will kick off. The installer has adjusted the pressure switch twice.

Any suggestions

Additional info: Expansion tank has pre pressure of 40psi and a max of 150. The tank with the pump off is 54psi

Last edited by a moderator:

frankap

Reaction score
Bladder tank was problem

I trsted the tank as directed and found it was at 34 psi. I pumped it to 48 and the problem was resolved. Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
OK but that doesn't have anything to do with the pump not shutting off. And 48 PSI air in the tank is too much unless your pressure switch works at 50/70.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks