PEX design question

Users who are viewing this thread

JGLA

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan my runs for a repipe and I just want to make sure of something. Due to the way my house is laid out, my supply line will end up passing near most of the fixtures that need to be connected on its way to the water heater. Logically, it would make sense to connect flow-through tees to submanifolds at those places, but I've never seen any discussion or diagrams with that setup. Is one never supposed to divert off of the supply line before it connects to the heater?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If that were the case, most houses would end up using a LOT more copper tubing than necessary. The water heater is just another fixture, so you connect to it when the pipe gets there, even if the entire rest of the house is connected before that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks