Adjust pressure on pump switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Bsmith

Reaction score
All,

New to the forum and I'm hoping I can gain some good advice here so I can hold off on calling my plumber and save some $$!!

A month or so ago, I had a new water pump switch installed. From my research and elimination, it's a Pumpatrol low pressure switch. Similar to what I've read here and on other forums, I have ridiculously low water pressure, and sometimes NO pressure when other faucets are running along with my larger household appliances (shower, clothed and dish washer).

I'm sure this question has been answered, so I apologize for the redundancy. Is there anyway I can manually adjust the switch to increase the pressure myself or can this only be done by my plumber? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Speedbump

Reaction score
Plumbers are not my first choice for working on pumps. Well drillers, pump installers would be better suited to handle that job.
bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
turn off the power. take off the lid to pressure switch. turn the lid over. inside should be instructions on how to adust your pressure switch. you will probably need a couple of nut drivers. do not exceed the pressure rating of your plumbing. do not do this without a pressure guage nearby.

neili
www.agriindustries.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks