Cant get Kohler to change from bath to shower

Users who are viewing this thread

lcampbell89

Reaction score
Ok so I live in an apartment and the repair people won't be here till Monday so I figured if this was something extremely easy I can just do it myself and still be able to enjoy a shower today. Its a bathtub shower combo where there is the faucet for the bath with a little diverter at the front of the faucet to change it from shower and bath. Its just a plain shower head and there is a single handle on top of a chrome circle or whatever to change from cold to hot.

It was working literally an hour or two ago. Now it won't lock into place for the shower and when I try and hold it up to see if the shower will work the water sprays out of the bath faucet and nothing comes out of the shower head. I looked into the faucet and it seems to be a white plastic piece that would block the water from coming out the faucet and then goes to the shower head. It shouldn't be broken consider it worked literally an hour or two ago, I feel like its an issue with maybe the stem getting out of place or something.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

lcampbell89

Reaction score
Hmm... it just locked in place and seems to be working and I am going to just not touch it and hope everything works out. Thanks, I am going to give full credit to this forum for it working. :p

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The faucet is the piece with the handle that you use to turn the faucet on and off. SOME Kohler faucets have the diverter on the "faucet", but yours is on the "SPOUT", which meant we had to decipher which one you had when you said it was on the "faucet". If yours does fail completely, you need a new "diverter spout", which is relatively inexpensive, rather than an integral "diverter valve", which is not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks