(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: rusted dome on wx202

DIY Junior Member

Default rusted dome on wx202

While replacing rusted, leaking pipes to wx202 pressure tank, I noticed the lower dome appeared to be rusting through and what I think is the liner is starting to show. I told my cousin(who's house I was working at) that it should be replaced relatively soon, however, I couldn't tell him the urgency of the situation as this is not something I work on much. Is this a problem that should be handled in days or can it wait a month or so. It's probably been like this for a while now. Thanks in advance for your opinions. Dennis

It's kind of like a hot water tank. . . it's OK until it blows, but you never know when it will blow. If shows to be rusting really means nothing. When it starts leaking it will go quickly. If it looks like it's going bad I'd replace it to be safe.

DIY Junior Member

Default thanks

thanks for the reply, porky. while i think its just the beginning stages , i'll recommend my cous replace it, as he's out of town a lot and neither a drain or sump nearby, i'd hate to see the result if it goes while he's away!