Well Pump Control Box

Users who are viewing this thread

SRSPRINT

Reaction score
I live on a lake that has a well pump submerged in the lake. This pump is used to irrigate my yard.

I turned the system on for the 1st time last weekend, the system ran for 5 minutes, then the system shuts down. I found the control box had to be reset. After hitting the reset button, the system would run for approximately another 3/5 minutes before again breaking the electrical current.

Does this mean I have a capacitor problem, or some sort of pump problem?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
If you told your doctor that you were out of breath after going up the stairs 1 flight, it would be the same answer: You need some tests done. The difference here is that you can buy an ohmmeter for 6$ and do it yourself .... IF you have some electrical knowledge. It would be a stretch to buy that MRI for 600,000$ and set it up in the back yard and get the wife to operate it.

Its all about how much time and ambition you have to learn up to a job. I would check the intake for stoppage, and then call the pro if you are not trained with an ammeter or ohmmeter.

If its a submersible pump and the flow is restricted or not directed across the motor shell, it may overheat and shut off temporarily. You must have an old control box if it has a manual reset.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks