Bathsink tailpipe & Wall stub

Users who are viewing this thread

rick2995

Reaction score
I tried all related post and read where a Bender was recommended to a situation I will be faced with.

... I will soon replace & relocate a bathroom sink where upon attaching the P-trap to the tailpipe, the trap will be 5+/- inches from the wall wasteline/stub:
Qstn If I read and understand correctly, a BENDER maybe suited to compensate for the distance; if yes, does the trap arm get fitted to the bender with bender to the wasteline?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Don't even think about trying to bend this kind of piping. I wonder if by BENDER you mean suitable elbows, 22º, 45º, etc. That is how to do it. A picture would be very helpful for us.

If you are looking at various flexible type fittings....BAD IDEA. They drain poorly and clog easily with hair and soap debris.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Give us your definition of what you mean by "bender". That word has a very specific application but probably NOT what you mean. There are several ways to adjust the drain opening, but we would have to see YOUR sink and WHERE you are installing it to decide what can be done.

rick2995

Reaction score
Thank you both,... the word use of 'bender' is difinitely not the intended word nor think of Bending a wall stub hahaha maybe a 90 Bend ?? .... the IMG is exactly what is now in place. ..I wish to move the sink 4-inches over to the side to allow more right-hand side counter space, presently counter space on right side is >3 inches.. absolutely useless this IMG is exactly what is now in place.
[/url]https://keithspecialty.com/p/27-000.jpg
Thank you both
rick

27-000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is a p-trap.
If you can catch the tailpiece by swiveling the p-trap, then yes that would work.
If you need more, you will need to add a fitting at the wall, maybe a 45 or 22 to angle over to the trap.
If it's plastic out of the wall, you can glue that fitting on, and a trap adapter.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are a few ways you can offset the drain to the left, but we would have to see what the "P" trap inserts into to decide which would work for you, OR which you have the ability to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks