PEX fittings question

Users who are viewing this thread

JGLA

Reaction score
I was looking at the starter packages of PEX tubing/fittings/tool that they sell on a well-known plumbing supply site, and it leads me to wonder about something. Is there some reason that I'm missing that would explain why all of the packages include (25) 1/2" to 1/2" and (25) 3/4" to 3/4" couplings? I don't understand why one would ever need such fittings, unless you happened to cut a tubing run too short and needed to add a little extension. Am I crazy? Isn't the idea to run your lines and connect either directly to the fixture, or else to a manifold/sub-manifold/tee? :confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the rolls of tubing always came out to the right length, or the cutoff pieces were EXACTLY what you needed, couplings would be unnecessary. But that seldom happens, so you either throw away sections of tubing or use couplings to make them fit.

JGLA

Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense. I guess I was thinking about it in terms of the one project I'm looking to do, whereas the vendor is trying to cover the basics that you should have "in your trays," as you say.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks