Vespin II, CST474CEFG Watersense Toilet Review, comments and pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO has a new model of the Vespin out, the Vespin II
Universal height bowl, 16-1/8" before you add the seat.
Siphon jet flush using 1.28 gallons, Watersense so it gets the water saving rebates
Double Cyclone® flushing system, low consumption (1.28GPF/4.8LPF
800 grams, so it has a very good flush.
Comes with a standard 12" Rough-in, but can be changed to 10" or 14" by changing the adapter.
Elongated bowl with CEFIONTECT in Cotton White, Colonial White, Bone (Almond) and Sedona Beige (Biscuit)
Also comes in Black, but without CEFIONTECT.
Spec sheet pdf

cst474_angle.jpg

TOTO Vespin II, CST474CEFG

cst474_with_pedestal.jpg

and front view

cst474_front.jpg

And view at the wall.

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
Comfort Height bowl
800 Grams MaP
CEFIONTECT
Skirted bowl
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.

Last edited:

George K

Reaction score
Vespin II Supply Location

I am interested in the Vespin II, and my water supply is 7" from center, 5 1/4" high and sticks out from the wall 3 1/12". Terry has posted that the Vespin II works at 5.5" from center, but the picture looks like the supply is much higher off the floor to not interfere with the skirt. Would my spec's work OK with or without a Dahl valve for Toto. Thanks much.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We've been installing the Vespin II with the water supply as close as 5.5 to the left of center.
If you were to install at 8", it would be quite a ways away.
For example, most toilet specs say 8", even when some will work at 3", like for the Drake and the Drake II.

Kelly Kramer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a one piece version of this toilet and the standard 6 inches left of centre and 6 inches off the floor did not work. Since I had to move the water line I went up a couple of inches and towards the center an inch. This helped hide the valve from view but still easy to access.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well done! So many folks stress out on having to move the water supply a few inches. It's such a simple job and requires (usually) just basic wall patching that any homeowner should be able to do. Enjoy your new Vespin.

Williamsem

Reaction score
Just to add so it's all in one place, a reviewer noted how happy he was with the flush/bowl wash even with Crohn's issues in the mix. I'll spare you the details, but it's posted on the listing for the bowl only. I was looking for info on performance with similar concerns and had litte luck. I decided to forgo the Aquia II and get the Vespin II instead so I could get a larger water spot, CEFIONTECT, and dual cyclone rinse yet still have a skirted base at a decent price.

Thank you for this great review! I will be sure my GC sees the info on clearance needed before he gets worried (I'm at just under 6 inches) and the official specs do not list the bowl height without seat. The information posted at this forum has been invaluable in my quest for a great toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks