Rinnai R50lsi low hot water pressure.....

Users who are viewing this thread

NickB

Reaction score
Hi just installed another Rinnai tank-less hot water heater. I am having an issue with this unit. The hot water pressure coming directly out of the unit is very low. The cold water pressure coming into the unit is more than adequate. I checked then inlet screen filter, looked clean. The unit also shut off twice with an #12 error code. The gas pressure is good, incoming cold water pressure good, venting right through the wall so that's not an issue.

I will be calling Rinnai tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Describe "good gas pressure"
What is the static pressure when off, full fire, and full fire with other appliances on, measured in inches of water column??

You bought their smallest unit, look at the performance charts to determine gpm at a given temp rise, it may be all the heater can do.

Last edited:

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
Agree, If you are getting #12 codes my guess is that good gas pressure ain't so good. You need between 6-10"ng or 8-13.5LP with a 1" pressure drop or less when running (Dynamic pressure).

In PA I'd expect the R50 to do a one bath home with a standard shower but not much more. You are looking at about 3-4gpm (ish) from this unit.

Gator37

Retired prof. engr.
Reaction score
You might want to review the manuf. lit., if I remember right those units have a large water pressure drop associated with them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks