Noritz blues

Users who are viewing this thread

noah677

Reaction score
I have had a noritz tankless water heater for 2 years, model N-0931M. It has worked flawlessly until it started throwing C-90 codes---venting/fan problem. I have absolutely no complaints about the product, I have plenty to say how Nortiz treats its customers. They do not return calls, they don't care that I am taking cold showers, they do not have factory reps for the tough probems that the contractor cannot handle. This means if you have a good product but no factory or company central support then do not buy Noritz. Now unless I want to get an attorney, I will be forced either to convert back to a tank or get another, more carefully researched brand. WOW:mad::mad: Either way I am going to eat the money:mad:

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know what Noritz company your talking too, but its not the right one. Granted they can be less helpful when talking to homeowners and DIY installers since you usually don't have the means to check what they need to know but, they are very professional to contractors in my opinion. I'm guessing you haven't been on line to check the contractor locator and tried calling a registered Noritz professional yet?

Last edited:

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Not sure who your contractor is but they answer their phone for me.
Fix your vent

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafael

Reaction score
Noah,

I left a message on Noritz's customer support line and also never received a response. I then used the Noritz website to search for factory-authorized contractors in area (San Francisco), and 3/4 of them were either no longer working with Noritz or said they didn't come to the city to work because of the strict building codes.

So, yes, I can understand if you're feeling a bit in the lurch right now. If anyone has any suggestions for how we can get factory support it would be much appreciated.

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
How about I ignor the problem with Tech support (Because there is nothing I can do about it) and deal with the problem. A 90 Error code would have me unplugging the unit and removing the fan. Get whatever critter is in it, out of it, make sure it is clean and spins free and then reinstall it. THe fans almost never go bad but I have seen or heard of: bees, mice, lizzards, snakes, and other bugs attracted to nearby lights, getting into them. It must be reinstalled properly and have a good seal on the gasket between the fan and bottom of the unit. It your installer is not comfortable with this call Advanced Water Heaters out there and get them involved. It should not cost a fortune to get fixed adn like I said, I doubt you'll even need any parts.

2 years with no problems tells me the venting is probably ok. which means check the fan.

Trademark plumber

Reaction score
I read your post and had the same problem and same opinion of the customer service. After hours on hold the heat exchanger was covered in soot. After cleaning it and correcting the problem of a low flame due to the first contractor installing an insufficient gas supply. The tech guy originaly told me I had to much voltage at the 120v outlet? Then passed it off by saying call a electrician. Very frustrating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks