Two GFCI Breakers in one circuit?

Users who are viewing this thread

jMartin

Reaction score
I am installing an outdoor spa. I have purchased an outdoor sub panel for the spa that includes a 50 amp GFCI breaker. I will be supplying power to this sub panel from the panel in my garage. When I removed the spa from the previous owners home, I snagged the 50 amp GFCI breaker from his sub panel as well. So....

Would there be a problem if I used his GFCI breaker in my garage panel and the GFCI breaker that is in the new panel also?

I know that a 50 amp breaker is not that expensive, but I already have one... it just happens to be a GFCI breaker. Can I use them both, or should I toss his aside and buy a standard 50 amp breaker for the garage panel?

Thanx in advance for your expertise.
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew79

Licensed Electrician
Reaction score
shouldn't matter at all to use em both...why buy a straight breaker when you've already got a gfci there. It's a bit redundant but alot cheaper in your case.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks