Plumbing Problem: Primer Line Overflow

Users who are viewing this thread

waynefish

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm hoping someone could help me out. I'm having an issue with the primer line (I think that's what it's called) overflowing. As the water flows down from the laundry tub faucet upstairs, into the two black tubes in the basement floor, it trickles out over the two black tubes and spills onto the basement floor. When I shut off the faucet upstairs, the water then drains down the black tubes.

It seems like the flow is too fast for the black tubes. Was this setup installed correctly? We just moved in a week ago. The house was built in 2006.

Please see pic attached. Any help is appreciated.
pic1.JPG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE would have to see HOW the clear tube is connected at the other end. We cannot tell WHAT those pipes are, but they could be trap primers for a couple of floor drains. If so, and the water is coming out of the black sleeves around them then the small tubes are broken under the floor.

waynefish

Reaction score
Clear tube

The clear tube connects to the laundry tub faucet upstairs. It connects in the middle between the hot and cold tap. I will take a picture once I get home. I can actually pull the smaller clear tubes out of the black sleeve/tube, they are several feet long.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
It looks like some kind of jerry rig that someone hooked up. If you can pull the tubes up they are not connected anymore, the water thats going down the tubes is just filling up below the slab. If you have any floor drains I would just keep them filled maually and disconnect the line at the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks