momentary switch

Users who are viewing this thread

bowhunter195252

Reaction score
What type and size of momentary switch do i need to start a 15 hp 3 phase motor in the construction of a phase converter? The motor draws 28 amps at 240vac. Also ,in wiring the capacitors in parallel ,if the capacitors terminals are not marked positive or negative how do you know which is which? Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might want to use a latching relay to supply power and use the momentary switch for the coil. We often used a second set of contacts to provide the hold voltage of a normal relay, then put a momentary (NC) switch to turn it off. The arcing when you switch can be quite high.

H

herrry.james

You would need to use a relay with a "latching circuit". One push of the momentary button would close the relay, and the latching circuit would keep it closed after you release the momentary switch. If you send an email to my profile address, I'll send a diagram of how to do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks