(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smartwater not drawing brine

Quote Originally Posted by rightlane View Post
    rechecked everything and started a cycle with no change, water dribbling out of venturi, manually advanced the gear mech and suction started! the rotor has been replaced but didn't solve the problem. is there a chance that the gear has become misaligned?
    This tells me the rotor shaft is twisted. If the unit, while in brine draw, will not draw brine, but will if you turn the gear a little, then the rotor shaft is twisted.

is the rotor shaft part of the rotor disc that i just replaced? is it what slides into the geared mechanism from below? i'm wondering if the geared mech might be off a bit. is the shaft a replaceable part? thanks

is the rotor shaft part of the rotor disc that i just replaced? is it what slides into the geared mechanism from below? i'm wondering if the geared mech might be off a bit. is the shaft a replaceable part? thanks
    The shaft is part of the rotor. Did you replace the rotor or the rotor seal? The only other possible cause is the micro switch but the arm would have to have been bent. I've have never seen this before but can see it happening. In fact, take a pair of pliers and straighten the arm on the mirco switch slightly. This will keep the motor on longer and maybe start the brine.
    Last edited by Skip Wolverton; 04-24-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling

is the micro switch the little tab making contact?

is the micro switch the little tab making contact?
    Yes. It rides on the silver cam so when a notch comes around, the switch opens and stops the motor. If the micro switch has an arm sticking out that contacts the cam, it may have gotten bent which would change the timing.