Typical Cost to Install Toilet by Plumber?

Users who are viewing this thread

theBigSee

DIY Member
Reaction score
Just was talking with an old friend (and I mean OLD -- 89 years old) and he said that the plumber who just did $1300 worth of work on his septic tank said he needs a new toilet. I don't doubt it since my friend has lived in the same house since 1952 and has done ZERO upgrades -- the toilet probably dates to the late 40's or at best the 1960's.

Anyways, he was quoted $800 to install a new toilet. I'm a do-it-yourselfer and have always installed toilets myself, so this price, even with the cost of a decent toilet thrown in and perhaps flange repair, sounds astronomical. Is this typical?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes,
Most firms around Seattle area charging $800.00 for the same toilet that I install for $503.98
They take my standard price, and almost double it.

We did work for one customer in Bellevue, and they had charged her $800 for a rebuilt second hand toilet.
How pathetic is that?

But both prices are good.
The $800 is better for the plumber, the $500 is better for the homeowner.

Just for a laugh, have your friend check out my published pricing with installation
Check pricing here

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks