Wall Mounted Toilet Selection - Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

dukedogg

Reaction score
My wife says she just has to have a wall mounted toilet in the master bath, mainly for ease of cleaning, etc. Meanwhile, I'm 6'4" and 235lbs. so I wanna make sure I get a wall-mounted toilet that'll support my weight. I also want an elongated bowl with an automatic flushing sensor and a model with the super-flushing capability since I'm less worried about water conservation. Does anyone have a recommendation as to the best make/model toilet for this scenario, where cost is not really a factor?

Reaction score
Website
www.stayhotbathtubs.com
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you want the old style, there's the American Standard Glenwall.
It has a tank with Flushmate and used the standard four bolt pattern.

Or you can use the inwall tanks, Duravit, Caroma, Toto

glenwall_picture.jpg

Glenwall toilets in the Seattle area
Terry Love, 206-949-5683, also Toto.
ct418_wall.jpg

https://terrylove.com/pdf/ct418fg_spec.pdf

Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Long ago when I called Chicago Faucets (Geberit) technical service they told me of all the Euro style bowls that fit.

Any wall mount bowl that you will find by searching "Wall hung" or "Wall mount" will be a Geberit style hung. It's a "standard" in practice. Caroma is the one company I know of that has its own carrier.

It's fear and overkill and lack of confidence if you say "make sure I get a wall-mounted toilet that'll support my weight." That's OK for someone who is looking into it for the first time ever. Now, drop it and get over it. They all do a great job of supporting weight. Open the Geberit PDF's, see where the bolt holes are and do the math yourself to see if the distance is enough for weight X.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks