Pressure Assisted Toilet's...

Users who are viewing this thread

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
I currently have an Eljer with the PF2 pressure system.

After 7 years of good service, the actuater broke.

I've been in a debate of either buying either the Sloan converstion kit, or replacing the toilet all together.

I don't seem to have a Toto outlet around me.

Terry has posted any brand pressure assisted toilet is good on his main talk about page.

So, I can buy the sloan kit for ~140-150 shipped or HD carries the Glacier Bay Pressure assisted toilet for $198 complete.

I know most of you dislike GB, but it is pressure assisted and does use the Sloan Unit.

I really liked the way my Eljer worked, and I ahve another bathroom to wait for the parts.

Do you think the replacement part is the best way, GB PA toilet?

All these new toilets have low water levels in the bowls and I don't have faith in them.
(Kohler, AS, etc.)

Thanks all...

-Mario

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Pesonally, I'd buy a new gravity flush toilet. A Toto Drake is a good toilet, as are the Toto line. Commonly available parts, cheap for the wear items you can buy at the local Lowes or hardware store.

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
Agreed, but as mentioned I haven't been able to find the Toto locally and available in stock...

-Mario

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
www.totousa.com

For the dealer locator.
They don't carry them in the big box stores.

If you like the pressure assist, you can always stick with it.
They're not real poplular, but they do make some people happy that don't have the normal requirements.

I find the Toto to be a better value for performance and price.
Even the Toto Dalton, comfort height, gravity, which I sell for less then a Cimarron works just fine in those cases.

Like hj mentions, switching out the inner tank for a replacement Flushmate makes little sense.
I never liked how the tank fitting to the bowl on the Eljer either.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have a customer with that Eljer toilet. Now that it is out of warranty, and parts are no longer available, I will suggest replacing it with a gravity toilet the next time the actuator fails. It would not be in her best interests for me to get the Sloan unit and then add the time it needs to install it.

m3rdpwr

Reaction score
Thanks all.

2 days ETA from most places and I've been quoted from $460-$510.

While it may be worth it to some, I can't see spending that much money for the toilet.

I'll probably order the Sloan kit, sounds pretty easy to install...

-Mario

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks