3 phase plugs

Users who are viewing this thread

bowhunter195252

Reaction score
On a 3 phase plug. say L15-30ap. the 30 stands for the amps but what boes the L-15 stand for,or L-12, or L-14 when it has the same amperage? Thanks

bowhunter195252

Reaction score
3 phase receptical

I have a L-14 20p and a L-15 20p, will both of these fit into a L-14 20 receptical ? Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have a L-14 20p and a L-15 20p, will both of these fit into a L-14 20 receptical ? Thanks
The L14 is for 125 Volts, and the L15 is for 250 Volts. Obviously, bad things would happen if you plugged a 240 volt equipment into 120 volts, or vice versa, so of course the plugs will prevent this from happening.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The size and orientation of the blades will change as you progress through the various voltages and amperages. The direction of the tab on the keying terminal will also shift between inward and outward. You either have to know the series and amperage of the receptable to get the proper plug, or take it with you to try the various ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks