Very small place between wall drain hole and tailpipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Motivated

Reaction score
I am replacing my bathroom sink. Problem is that there is very small place(4 inch) between wall drain hole and tailpipe and wall drain hole is right in front of the tailpipe so i am not able to install the p-trap. Any advice would be helpful.

Wall drain pipe is out 2 1/2" and space between the pipe and tailgate is 4"

Attachments

• IMAG0080..jpg
    IMAG0080..jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 436
  • IMAG0081..jpg
    IMAG0081..jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 452

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the p-trap cant be cut down to fit, being close like it is, you can offset at the wall to miss the tailpiece, and swivel back to catch the tailpiece from the lav.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The p-trap can run forward, and the trap arm face backwards. IOW, the trap doesn't have to face back towards the wall.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
You've got a nice long tailpiece there as well, you can trim it up if you need to and angle down and across towards the offset p-trap as well if you need to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks