My tub wont drain

Users who are viewing this thread

shellybue6

Reaction score
I have tried several different kinds of drains cleaners with no results. Then I tried plungging it and nothing, I just get more water. I now have tried using a snake rooter and I can only go so far with it. I took the drain handle out as it was so limed up you couldnt use it anyways. Could there be a part of that, thats in the way or preventing the snake to go down further. I noticed when I did plunge it I got a sound of like it was gonna unclog and then it sounded like you put a cover over the drain and then it stopped and water stands still. I have put the snake in the floor drain and also down thru the hole where the drain lever was and I still can't get anywhere. Please help, I'm hoping I wont have to call a plumber but I'm afraid I will have too.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
You are most likely going to need to have someone come out who has the proper equipment and skill necessary to unclog your drain. Chemical drain cleaners are a waste of money and time and it is doubtful that the auger that you used was the proper one for the job. A plumber can most likely have that clog taken care of for you in a matter of minutes without the aggravation youre going through now. Give a plumber a call and let him/her do the work while you enjoy your favorite adult beverage in the comfort of your favorite recliner. :D

Good luck!

CharlesB79

Reaction score
Shelley...see my post called "I Have A Question" go to your hardware or plumbing store and get something called a "Drain King" and then cut the drain pipe that leads out of your shower. Then inster one end of the drain king into the pipe, and attach the other end to a garden hose and turn the garden hose on. I can almost guarantee that the drain will unclog. I went through this same ordeal this weekend after a washcloth went down the bath drain. I tried everything and then got the "Drain King" and came home and used it and in ten minutes the clog was gone

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
drain

I would do what RioHyde says. You could make matters worse and cause an expensive repair.
There is no magic in a can that will clear your drain.
The magic will do nothing or cause you more grief and also make it more difficult for the plumber to deal with.
There are tons of horror stories because of these darned drain cleaners in a can or box............

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
go to your hardware or plumbing store and get something called a "Drain King" and then cut the drain pipe that leads out of your shower. Then inster one end of the drain king into the pipe, and attach the other end to a garden hose and turn the garden hose on. I can almost guarantee that the drain will unclog.

The only thing you can guarantee is an expensive repair bill. How do you know what is involved in "cutting the drain pipe that leads out of the shower"? And do you have any concept of what could be involved in putting it back together again? Your "remedy" could be a very time consuming, and expensive "cure", probably a lot more than a plumber would charge to unplug it properly. In addition the "Drain King" will only open as much of the blockage as is necessary for draining to occur, which could be a mere pencil sized hole.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks