Perforated PVC Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

qpm

Reaction score
Not sure if this the right forum to ask this but thought I'd give it a shot. I discovered a perforated 4-inch PVC pipe sticking vertically out of the ground in a wooded area in the back of my property. It is about 5 feet out of the ground and appears to be fairly solidly placed. I haven’t put a tape down it yet; kind of wanted to get an idea of what it could be first. It is not shown on the Asbuilt but does not appear to be part of the septic system. What could this be? A dry well that had been jacked out of the ground from freeze thaw? (in Alaska so it’s a possibility if not constructed properly). Would like to remove it when I expand my yard into this area but want to know what it is first. I’ll try to post some pictures to give you a better idea of what I’m talking about. Any ideas???:confused: Seems somewhat out of place (is about 75-80 ft from the house). Any other forums you would recommend I post this on? As of now it appears to be used mainly as a scratching post for the resident bears (claw marks/punctures all over it) ;)

Wallskev

Reaction score
We see these all yhe time in a subdivsion under construction where there is a drain from a temporary holding pond. When they fill in the pond after construction is complete often times they leave the pipe as it is mounted in a concrete and stone base.

Not sure if this is the same for yours. I would check construction drawings for the plots and see if "Temportary Holding ponds" for runnoff are shown on the drawings in your location.

Artcraft

Reaction score
It could be either the inspection riser at the end of the leach field, remenber that they can be long in poor soil, or it could be from the perk test when the property was being developed and that was an area that they were looking at using but it may not of ended up being the best location for perk. I just read the post again and saw that it is only 80' from the house I would bet is an inspection riser used to determine if there is water holding in the leach lines. If you could determine how deep your leech fields are if this is what it is the bottom of the pipe will be at the bottom of your leech field

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks