Need dishwasher brand recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

SemiHandyRon

Reaction score
Am in the market for a new dishwasher. Any recommendations/cautions about particular brands? Looking for a mid-range price. Wife's desire for "Biscuit" color seems to limit the options as I Google around.

BTW, I'm finished permanently with Whirlpool and KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool). Have had three suboptimal appliances from them. :mad:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have my second Bosch. Extremely quite, superior washing performance. Can't say what color options my be available.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You probably want to pay at least $650, otherwise you will not get the features and quiet level that I like to have. That said, when I was shopping just about 6 months ago, I just did some comparison shopping at Sears, HD, Aztec Applicance, etc to try to strike the best bang for the buck!

SemiHandyRon

Reaction score
A salesman told me that U.S. dishwashers come with garbage disposers, while European ones don't. That's why I'm trending away from Bosch--unless you think garbage disposers in D/Ws are overrated?

And I'm with you on the $650 floor!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
For my personal usage, the "pirhana" or other chopper inside is really overkill, because whether it is a good idea or nor, we rinse the dished first!
Our new one is a Whirlpool GU2475XTV. We have been very happy with it. This has very long cycles....a complete cycle can be 4 hours. They that is related to the energy star features???

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I had the Bosch "Evolution" white on the outside S/S inside.
It does wash quietly but i found my utensils would come out with rust spots and it would have a bad odour.
It was looped properly and i would flush it out with water after a load of dishes but smell would come back.
I put in a cheap plastic Whirlpool and pipe same way, it is loud even with insulation but no rust and no smell.

SemiHandyRon

Reaction score
I think you're on to something, Peanut. I've almost come to the conclusion that the source of my D/W odor (that's why I want to replace the unit) is the S/S interior. Previous D/W--same model except for cosmetics--was plastic inside and never had any odor. I've done literally EVERYTHING one can do to track down and eliminate the odor. A few days ago, I pulled it out (again), flipped it on its back, disconnected and examined/sniffed all lines, disassembled the drain pump to inspect, etc. Everything is clean, nothing smells--except the inside tub. On a different forum, a plumber said he noticed more odors with S/S than with plastic tubs.

sajesak

Reaction score
I think you're on to something, Peanut. I've almost come to the conclusion that the source of my D/W odor (that's why I want to replace the unit) is the S/S interior. Previous D/W--same model except for cosmetics--was plastic inside and never had any odor. I've done literally EVERYTHING one can do to track down and eliminate the odor. who makes hisense dishwashers, I pulled it out (again), flipped it on its back, disconnected and examined/sniffed all lines, disassembled the drain pump to inspect, etc. Everything is clean, nothing smells--except the inside tub. On a different forum, a plumber said he noticed more odors with S/S than with plastic tubs.
Hi, I am going to buy a dishwasher for the first time as we are fed up of household workers. So which ones do you recommend ? I am just looking for a brand that provides good after sales service preferably onsite in cape town. Also I am staying in a rented house so what sort of plumbing changes I will need to accommodate a dishwasher in my kitchen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks