New Tub & Drain Assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

billrea99

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm doing a bathroom remodel, which includes replacing the tub old tub that was in the bathroom with an Aquatic Symphony 9. I was limited to this tub due to the size of the alcove, however, it is a nice soaking tub. I have a Lada Ld-10103 Trip Lever Waste and Overflow waste kit. My question at this point is rather simple. When fitting the brass components together with slip nuts, do I use plumber's putty or tape? What about when the waste portion of the brass pipe fits into the plastic pvc ptrap?

Thanks for the help. This is my first bathtub, and I want to make sure I get it right without destroying my kitchen below.

-Bill

billrea99

Reaction score
thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure nothing else was required outside of the washers.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The washers are directional, and if installed backwards, will leak. Other than that, they work well.

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
use a teflon based dope on the slip joint washers. Plumbers puddy under the strainer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks