pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

jmy13

Reaction score
I have installed 40/60 pressure switch. switch will kick on when pressure drops to 40 but will not cut off even when pressure rises above 70. Switch will release when I turn breaker off. Switch is on 20 amp braker and is wired for 115 volt. what could be the problem?

Speedbump

Reaction score
I don't know what turning the breaker off could have to do with the switch points opening up.

What brand switch is this and have you turned the adjustment screws or is it still factory adjusted?

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Is the pump 115 or 230 vac? It sounds as if the points are burning shut and if the voltage isn't right, that might cause it. Otherwise, see if the points are cleaned and not pitted etc. And possibly the switch is lagging due to the nipple it is on, or the tubing and its fittings to it if the pump is a jet pump, are blocked with rust.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks